[Netarchivesuite-users] Getting rid of consoles in simple_harvest setup

nicolas.giraud at bnf.fr nicolas.giraud at bnf.fr
Thu Oct 30 15:58:31 CET 2008

Hi,

I have deployed a small sandbox environment, which is actually just the
"simple_harvest" setup with KEEPDATA=true environment variable. My problem
with this setup is that I need an X server to start the components,
because there are consoles opened for each component "HarvestController,
BitArchive, Sidekicks and so on). I  read the INtallation Manual but was
unable to find a way to start the applicatio witouht those consoles. I'd
rather have the components output to rolling logs. How can I do that?

Regards,
Nicolas

Consider the environment before printing this mail.