[Netarchivesuite-users] Legacy ARC files

Kane, Jim j.kane at nls.uk
Thu Jul 29 12:13:59 CEST 2010

I'm afraid that there are only arc files left over from our old
installation, and the new one had to be up and running within a matter
of hours so as to be able to crawl the sites pre/post UK general
election.

Having a new, separate (and empty) installation of netarchive on a
different machine may be an option.  Would the ingest process mentioned
earlier be ok for resurrecting the data?

Kind regards

Jim Kane

IS Developer

National Library of Scotland
312-320 Lawnmarket
Edinburgh
EH1 2PJ

E-mail: j.kane at nls.uk <mailto:j.kane at nls.uk>
Tel: 0131-623-3775 (DD)
Tel: 0131-623-3700 (Switchboard)

Website: www.nls.uk <http://www.nls.uk/>

Visit the National Library of Scotland online at www.nls.uk

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the Information Services Helpdesk on +44 131 623 3789 or is.helpdesk at nls.uk and delete this e-mail. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of Scotland. The National Library of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Scottish Charity No. SC011086. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and has been
scanned by Webroot.

Follow us on Twitter for twice-weekly updates.
Become our fan on Facebook and keep up-to-date that way too.