[Netarchivesuite-users] RE Harvesting aborted

sara.aubry at bnf.fr sara.aubry at bnf.fr
Tue Feb 16 15:27:13 CET 2010

Hi Eleonora,

We had to face the same problem at BnF for several jobs.

NS runs activity checks (see
https://lists.gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk/pipermail/netarchivesuite-users/2010-February/000342.html
to see what kind of checks)
and if it finds there has been no activity for a configurable period of
time (inactivityTimeout  and noResponseTimeout ), NS terminates the job.
The "Stopped due to" field for many domains is marked as "Harvesting
aborted".

We spent quite a bit of time to analyse the problem with Soren's help and
found no other solution than desactivate
this checks by raising inactivityTimeout  and noResponseTimeout  to very
high values.

Sara

Message de : Nicchiarelli Eleonora <eleonora.nicchiarelli at onb.ac.at>
                      16/02/2010 14:52

Envoyé par :
<netarchivesuite-users-bounces at lists.gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk>

Veuillez répondre à
<netarchivesuite-users at lists.gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk>

Pour
<netarchivesuite-users at lists.gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk>
Copie

Objet
[Netarchivesuite-users] Harvesting aborted

Dear all,

thank you very much for your support so far. I have another question
regarding our domain crawl: we have a job in which for many seeds the
"Stopped due to" field says "Harvesting aborted". I know that this happens
when a job has been terminated through the Heritrix interface, but I can't
recall having done that recently. In which other conditions, if any, does
this happen?

Many thanks in advance,

Eleonora

Eleonora Nicchiarelli Bettelli