[Netarchivesuite-users] rescheduled job does not start

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen kfc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jun 9 10:29:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 00:38 +0200, Martin Bella wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very content with Netarchive Suite, I have created several
> schedules, set some jobs and sometimes it works for weeks without any
> need to check the running system. But now I need to reschedule one job
> to start the crawl as soon as possible. When I do it, it doesn't
> start, it is only rescheduled again according to the job's frequency
> and I get no warning messages, only these lines in the GUI application
> log:
>
> 8.6.2009 13:35:19 dk.netarkivet.harvester.datamodel.HarvestDefinitionDAO$1 run
> INFO: Created 0 jobs for harvest definition 'despiteborders_rss'
> 8.6.2009 13:35:19 dk.netarkivet.harvester.datamodel.DBConnect getDBConnection
> INFO: Connected to database using DBurl
> 'jdbc:derby:harvestdefinitionbasedir/fullhddb'  using driver
> 'org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver'
> 8.6.2009 13:35:19 dk.netarkivet.harvester.datamodel.HarvestDefinitionDAO$1 run
> FINE: Removed 'despiteborders_rss' from list of harvestdefinitions to
> be scheduled. Harvest definitions still to be scheduled: []
>
> Does anybody know, what is happening here and why?

Hi,

I'm very glad to hear that you find our system useful.

If 0 jobs are created by a harvest definition, it almost certainly means
that there are no valid domains in the harvest definitions. This may
have several reasons, three of which come to mind:

1) You have for some reason accidentally deleted all domains from your
harvest definition, 0 jobs will be generated.
2) The seedlists for the domains in the harvest definition may contain
no seeds
3) The byte limit for the domains in the harvest definitions are all 0.

Nicolas' alternative suggestion about snapshot harvests might also be
the case, but since you mention schedules, I assume you are talking
about selective harvests?

Don't hesitate to ask again if these suggestions do not solve you
problem.

Best,
  Kåre
--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen - NetarchiveSuite developer
THE STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY,