[Netarchivesuite-users] Netarchive Suite on Solaris

Søren Vejrup Carlsen svc at kb.dk
Fri Apr 4 14:55:14 CEST 2008

Hi Martin.
The reason for this is, that the getBytesFree method uses an OS dependent method.
On linux we use "df", and on windows, we use "dir"

Recently, a patch for running on Mac Os has been submitted, which is used by the Scottish National Library:
https://gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1235&group_id=7&atid=107

I know, that "df" is available on Solaris, so it should be fairly easy to port it to Solaris, just as it was to MacOS.
However, we don't have any Solaris platforms to test it on.

The additions needed is isolated to one file (The dk.netarkivet.common.utils.FileUtils class) , which I have attached to this mail.

I hope this helps.

BTW, I think migrating to Java SE 6 will eliminate this issue, but we are not ready to that just yet.

Regards
Søren Vejrup Carlsen
NetarchiveSuite developer (at Royal Library, Denmark)