[Netarchivesuite-devel] Reconnect NAS to running jobs

Nicholas Grooss Clarke nicl at kb.dk
Wed Apr 11 10:38:55 CEST 2018

Hi Andreas

When you did a restart did the job get set to failed and also does not appear in the running jobs overview?

Basically you would like the GUI to check for running jobs when it is restarted?

One problem with this is that the harvestcontrollers do not listen to JMS when busy.

The H3 monitor does not yet have a list of all hosts/ports where H3 instances are configured to run.

So currently the H3 monitor only read the state of jobs from the database to see want to monitor.

I think Søren changed the GUI code at some point so HarvestControllers reconnected with the GUI when it gets a message from an "unknown" source.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to change the GUI/Jobscheduler to identify running job during a restart.

I would need to have a grace period of 5-10 minuttes for progress reports to "magically" appear to know an orphaned job needs to be registered.

Redesigning the jobscheduler would make this functionality straightforward. If/when that happens.

Theoretically it should also be possible to restart the HarvestController and reconnect to the H3 job.

But not with the existing design.

Best

Nicholas