[Netarchivesuite-devel] About the DBConnect class, running out of connections

Nicolas Giraud nikokode at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:57:19 CET 2011

Hi,

On our new production environment, we have run into a error where the DB has
too many open connections. I've started investigating on this, by looking at
the DBConnect class.

First the "connection pool" in it seems bugged, as if any Thread in the
WeakHashMap is garbage collected, the associated connection might still be
open and is not closed. Also I don't see anywhere in all of the code a call
to Connection#close(), except in DomainDBDao#close() which by the way is
never called.

Where are DB connections closed ? It seems they are never closed, unless I
have completely misunderstood the code.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Giraud
Développeur Archives du Web - Bibliothèque Nationale de France