[Netarchivesuite-devel] Describtion of release tests at BnF

Mikis Seth Sørensen mss at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Jun 10 14:31:28 CEST 2011

Hi Nicolas

As part of my efforts to cut down on the on the release test overhead I think we might have some BnF – SB/KB test redundancies we could trim. As you might have noticed on the release test pages we have an extensive test documentation on the release tests we run through here in DK.

Here<https://sbforge.org/display/NAS/3.16.1+release+test> we have a so-called English UI test (TEST1, actually a sanity test) and a French UI test. I think we could save us some time by merging the concrete specification in TEST1 with the French UI test. This would involve tuning TEST1 to be compatible with the BnF environment, and perhaps adding BnF/French specific test concerns.

The benefits would be that we would remove a test potentially saving us a days work every release and give us an idea of what kind of testing you are performing at BnF (through the updated specification).

How does that sound?
~Mikis