[Netarchivesuite-devel] Database Guidelines

Søren Vejrup Carlsen svc at kb.dk
Fri Nov 27 12:07:25 CET 2009

Hi Colin.
It would be preferable to have only one database for the harvester module.
However it may not be worth the effort to make our unittests work, as you need to then re-enter entries necesary for the unittests to work.

Anyway, our database migration infrastructure makes it unnecessary to actually migrate to a new format,as migration is done on the fly during initialization.
Each DAO-initializer should check in its constructor the versions of the tables required for it to function properly.

Look in the JobDBDAO contructor for how it should be done.

regards
Søren