[Netarchivesuite-curator] NAS update for March from the BNE

Pérez Morillo, Mar mar.perez at bne.es
Wed Mar 7 13:48:58 CET 2018

Dear NAS colleagues,

            This is the update for March from the National Library of Spain.

            As we are focused on procedures and workflows related with the deposit of non-print publications (non-print legal deposit apart from web archiving), our web archiving tasks are mostly business as usual.

            We are trying to solve last problems related with NAS 5 installation. Most harvests are running properly. Regional collections are in the process of growing and stabilization. Web curators from the deposit regional libraries work directly and in a stable way on BCWeb.

            Now we are in the process of recruiting specialized web curators on topics like Literature, Social Science, Biology and Medicine, Science and Technology... as we don't have special collections on these topics at the Library, so we don't have web archiving collections on them yet. There is a network of University Libraries in Spain and we are going to sign an agreement with them and create a working group with web curators coming from specialized libraries to launch and maintain web collections on these topics, that are so far an important hole in our collection. Those who will collaborate want in return to have an access to the web archiving collection from their libraries for their users, and this opens a discussion in our Library, because, within the strict interpretation of our legal deposit law, the access from other libraries is restricted only to those ones with competencies on legal deposit and the University libraries don't have this competency. So we have to study with legal advisors which alternatives we have. We'll keep you informed about the progress of this matter.

            Regarding access interface to our web archive collections, as you know we gave access to Openwayback last summer, but through a pilot interface, quite unfriendly. So we are studying the way to redesign it, including access for collections, subjects and titles. Considering the Austrian access interface as a model for us, we started working on it.

            Best,

Mar Pérez Morillo
Jefe del Área de Gestión del Depósito de las Publicaciones en Línea
División de Procesos y Servicios Digitales
Tfno.: 91 516 89 92
Biblioteca Nacional de España

Este mensaje y cualquier fichero adjunto están dirigidos únicamente a sus destinatarios y contiene información confidencial. Si usted ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, le informamos que no puede realizar ninguna revisión, alteración, impresión, copia, transmisión, difusión ni utilización alguna de este mensaje ni de cualquier fichero adjunto que pudiese contener. La realización de cualquiera de los actos indicados está expresamente prohibida por las Normas que regulan estas materias. Por todo ello se solicita que, en caso de existir error en la recepción de este mensaje, se lo notifique al remitente respondiendo a este e-mail y elimine el mensaje y su contenido inmediatamente. La Biblioteca Nacional de España se reserva las acciones legales que le correspondan en el caso de que se infrinja lo indicado anteriormente.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and it is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are notified that any revision, amendment, print, copy, disclosure, distribution or use of the contents is unauthorized. Carrying out any of the above actions, is expressly banned by rules governing this matter. Hence we request that if you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender answering this e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. The National Library of Spain reserves itself the right to take the appropriate legal actions in the event of the above mentioned matter is being infringed.