[Netarchivesuite-curator] NAS update Vienna

Mayr Michaela michaela.mayr at onb.ac.at
Tue Mar 6 13:11:41 CET 2018

Dear all,

this is the NAS update from Vienna:

·         Recent event crawls we had included some local elections, there will be one more in April.

·         We received a request from a website owner to get back his web content that got lost from his server. Andreas is working on a way to extract the data from the archive in order to hand it over to the website owner.

·         An Austrian blogging platform will shutdown in May, we would like to archive the content, because it is mostly Austrian, rather old content on a .net domain. Legally it was not clear if we have to notify every single blogger or just the platform operator. ONB's legal person recommends to treat it as a small domain crawl. We will contact the platform operator for some details and hope we can archive everything before the shutdown.

Best regards
Michaela

Mag. Michaela Mayr
Leiterin Hauptabteilung Digitale Bibliothek
Österreichische Nationalbibliothek
Josefsplatz 1, 1015 Wien
Tel.: (+43 1) 534 10-476
Fax: (+43 1) 534 10-610