[Netarchivesuite-curator] Netarchive NAS update for January

Sabine Schostag sas at kb.dk
Mon Feb 6 14:14:47 CET 2017

Dear all.

Hereby the brief update from Netarchive:

We are concentrating our efforts on the capture of social media. Last week all curators met physically to kick off the discussion of our social media strategy. We started with analyzing the social media in order to be able to decide the selection and to propose a crawl frequency.

Some statistics for 2016: There are 1.097.585 active websites listed in NAS. 180.046 sites are bigger than 10 Mbytes in 2016. We harvested ca. 27 milliard objects. The total of the archive in the end of 2016 is 769 TB; we harvested 95 TB in 2016, that is to say 35 TB less than in 2015.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Best, Sabine

Sabine Schostag
Web curator