[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for May

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Wed May 11 09:39:49 CEST 2016

Hello all,

Recently we have had a lot of interest from researchers and from the media
to talk about emergency crawls. We have done a recent interview (available
in French here - https://asap.hypotheses.org/168) for a research team
working on the terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015. And we had another
interview with the online news site Rue89. They are interested to know how
we archive social movements and what kind of policies we adopt.

The answer is that we have two regular crawls - one for news websites
(which collects all the articles on the homepage), and one for
subscription news sites - which cover most of these movements. Then, we
can add seeds to our weekly crawl, as we are currently doing for the "Nuit
Debout" demonstration against a labour law. Finally, we also have our
regular annual event crawl "Social Movements" which will start mid-May.

Best regards,
The BnF Digital Legal Deposit team

Expositions :
La franc-maçonnerie  - jusqu'au 24 juillet 2016 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.