[Netarchivesuite-curator] June/July Update from SB/KB
sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jul 12 10:30:20 CEST 2016
Hereby a brief update on Netarchive’s activities:
· The second broad crawl 2016 (with the limit of 100 MB per domain) finished at June 28. We harvested 11.255.368.320.635 bytes / 242.114.319 objects. We had problems with upload capacities at SB. We have worked out an action plan which will be implemented soon.
· We started an event collection for the Olympics in Rio 2016 on July 24. We also participate in the IIPC Olympics collection
· As part of our new collection strategy we have started working with university repositories, educational and law portals:
o Research databases: We started with the collection of the Danish ”PURE-repositories” including local hosted publications (as for example from JSTOR or Elsevier).We use our OAI-PMH-harvest-definition, which still is under optimization.
o Educational portals. We are establishing contacts to the providers for to make agreements for harvesting login content.
o Schultz Law portals: we have got login information from the publisher Schultz and after summer holidays we will assess the best method for collection.
· Our dissemination policy and strategy are getting the last brush up.
· A revised SB and KB’s collaboration agreement on Netarchive has been signed of the directors from both institutions.
· We have finalized a recommendation on the compression of the WARC files in Netarchive.
· NAS 5.2 will be released soon
Talk to you later ☺
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Netarchivesuite-curator