[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for December

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Fri Dec 9 09:48:22 CET 2016

Hello all,

Our annual broad crawl was completed on December 5th, after 8 weeks. We
gathered 87 Tb of data, which makes this crawl the biggest ever realised
at the BnF. The infrastructure was stable and we didn't encounter any
technical problems. We will be analysing the data more precisely on two
subjects: regional domains and ebooks.

The event for the 10th anniversary of internet legal deposit in France and
the 20th anniversary of web archiving was a great success. We had a good
response from the people who attended and there was a lot of press
coverage, such as this article in Libération:
http://www.liberation.fr/futurs/2016/11/28/archives-internet-un-depot-sans-egal_1531543

Finally, Annick Le Follic will be changing jobs at the end of December.
She is staying at the BnF and will be working on the semantic web and on
indexing processes. She has really appreciated working with the
international NetarchiveSuite team and would be pleased to keep in touch
with you all.

Participez à la rénovation de Richelieu Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.