[Netarchivesuite-curator] ONB status update

Mayr Michaela michaela.mayr at onb.ac.at
Tue Mar 3 15:18:28 CET 2015

Dear all,

this is the ONB status update for March:

Broad Crawl:

·         We are currently preparing for our bi-annual broad crawl with 1.25 mio. .at domains and the new TLD .wien

·         Before the broad crawl we will change from NAS 4.01 to 4.4.

·         We finished the database migration from mysql to postgresql

·         We made a JDK change from 1.6_22 to 1.7_65 (did not work, need to switch back to lower 1.7 version)

·         The JDK change caused problems with deduplication.

·         Our IT department is developing a new storage concept, currently our storage is outsourced to the Federal Computing Centre, is would be less expensive to have the storage inhouse. We try to negotiate a higher storage budget for the webarchive.

·         We still experience technical difficulties with our cluster.

Selective Crawls:

·         In 2015 four regional elections take place. We will add the seeds to our politics collection.

·         The Eurovision Song Contest in May will be a rather small project for us. We could not get additional resources and unfortunately it will not be comparable to the great effort last year in Denmark.

Best Regards

Michaela

Michaela Mayr
Web at rchive Austria