[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for July

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Thu Jul 9 15:43:03 CEST 2015

Hello all,

As there are regional elections in December, we will launch the broad
crawl early (that means from September to November) with the aim of having
enough crawlers for each project. This period is important for our
activities regarding infrastructure. We are working closely with several
IT teams to make sure we will have enough bandwith dedicated to web
archiving (400Mb/s); we will change the operating system from CentOS 5 to
CentOS 6 and may change some servers; a new storage array is arriving and
will have to be installed and the workflow configured.
In terms of content, the objectives will be the same as last year.

The annual project crawl on social movements has increased in 2015 with
the participation of a researcher from the University of Aix-Marseille.
She is studying the way North African immigration is talked about on the
web. She took part in the selection of websites, blogs, forums: in fact,
216 new URLs have been added to form a total of 515 URLs, which represent
109 different domains.  We are encouraging collaboration with researchers
in the work of selection as much as possible.

Best regards,
The BnF legal deposit team

Exposition  Piaf  - du 14 avril 2015 au 23 août 2015 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.