[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for December

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Thu Dec 12 11:34:06 CET 2013

Hello all,

We've finished the first stage of our broad crawl, and started the second
stage last week. According to our forecasts we will just have enough space
in the storage allocated for our 2013 crawls to complete this second
stage, though we have had to limit the budget to 2,300 URL per domain
instead of 10,000 URL.

Our storage budget will stay the same for next year (100 Tb), while we are
hoping to expand our broad crawl and have several project crawls planned.
As part of our planning the programme of crawls for 2014 we are therefore
looking at ways to maximise the space we have available, for example by
studying files that we collect from external domains, Heritrix errors,
files that we collect in multiple crawls or multiple versions, and by
working with curators to make sure the settings in selective crawls are
optimised.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

Exposition  Astérix à la BnF !  - du 16 octobre 2013 au 19 janvier 2014 - BnF - François-Mitterrand / Grande Galerie Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.