[Netarchivesuite-curator] Netarchive NAS update for March

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Mar 20 11:46:11 CET 2012

Dear all.

Here is a brief update from Netarchive:

·         We started our broad crawl number 1/2012 on 2012-02-22, first step with a limit of 10 MB per domain.

·         We are experimenting with download/archiving of videos from YouTube with Greasemonkey for Firefox.We download ‘Download YouTube Videos as MP4’ from http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25105.  The “operation” seems to be successfull.  The big challenge is: how can users view this video files from the archive.

·         We started an event harvest on a right-wing extremist demonstration that will take place in Aarhus on 2012-03-31

On behalf of the Netarchive curator team,

Best,
Sabine

SABINE SCHOSTAG
LIBRARIAN, WEB CURATOR
DIRECT +45 8946 2148

THE NETARCHIVE

[cid:image001.png at 01CD068F.0BEDDB80]STATSBIBLIOTEKET

STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
VICTOR ALBECKS VEJ 1
8000 AARHUS C
DENMARK