[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for December

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Fri Dec 7 13:13:59 CET 2012

Hello all,

Here is our update for December.

Our broad crawl is now finished with a total of 1.13 billions of harvested
URLs, for a volume of 33 Tb. However we had to stop each domain at 2,500
URLs (instead of 10,000 URLs last year) because we didn't have enought
space for storage. In fact, in 2012, we harvested more than expected for
selective crawls (especially elections and blogs) and so we limited the
broad crawl to respect the annual contract we have with the IT department
(80 Tb plus an extra 10 Tb).

Last week the BnF hosted the IIPC-sponsored workshop "How to fit in?
Integrating a web archiving program in your organization", with 14
participants from 11 institutions. The workshop allowed us to meet and
discuss with IIPC members that either use or are considering using
NetarchiveSuite, but are not currently active in the NetarchiveSuite
community (such as the national libraries of Estonia, Québec and Spain). A
report and other documents from the workshop will be available on the IIPC
website in the near future.

Best regards,
The BnF web archiving team

Exposition  Les Rothschild en France au XIX e  siècle  - du 20 novembre 2012 au 10 février 2013 - BnF - Richelieu / Galerie Mansart Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.