[Netarchivesuite-users] Questions about deduplication (and reduplication)

sara.aubry at bnf.fr sara.aubry at bnf.fr
Mon Jan 13 17:47:04 CET 2020

Hi Peter,

For BnF,
1) yes
2) you probably mean focused crawls: yes
3) URL
4) Only when we have a major change in the crawler or the data format.
Which means, the least possible.
Because it really save a lot of space, and also because we don't care
about intervals between WARC files: that's why WARC revisit records were
made for.
Deduplication also sometimes incidentally restarts when the previous
capture of a harvest is not finished (either at crawl stage or
post-processing stage) or crashed.

Best,

Sara