[Netarchivesuite-users] My experiences - any hints, advices or comments?

Peter Svanberg Peter.Svanberg at kb.se
Tue Jun 4 01:31:34 CEST 2019

Hello!

Sometimes it is good to formulate questions, it makes you think. I've got answers to (4) and (5) now, I hope. (The TransclusionDecideRule is just for what I wanted in (4) but I mixed it up a bit - the limit is for non-R:s, not R:s, as I remembered it.)

BTW, do you set candidates.seedsRedirectNewSeeds=true? That is another area where the harvest can walk away outside the intended top domain. But hopefully a page which is redirected to from a top domain X *has* contents related to that top domain (when it comes to language and subjects). Or?

It seems we all are struggling to optimize NAS and Heritrix parameters to get just what we want and avoid problems. Could we find a way to share such experiences, to learn from each other, and to avoid all newcomers from having to reinvent the wheel? A dedicated mailing list/forum? A shared spreadsheet?

/Peter Svanberg