[Netarchivesuite-users] Issue - harvest running infinitely

Colin Rosenthal csr at kb.dk
Tue May 1 10:38:24 CEST 2018

Hi again Koit,

You can download the 5.4 release from
https://sbforge.org/display/NAS/NetarchiveSuite+5.4+Release+Notes - it's
not quite officially released yet as we're still working
on the documentation. I don't think upgrading will help your specific
problem because it's really something that is happening inside Heritrix
and NAS 5.4 uses almost the
same Heritrix as NAS 5.3.1.

/Colin

On 04/30/2018 11:50 AM, Koit Summatavet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started using NAS to harvest Estonian websites and I have encountered a
> problem:
>
> In a situation where the harvest doesn't hit either the document not the size
> limit then the harvest runs infinitely and all the threads are in TIMED_WAITING
> state where they wait from hours to days. The longer it runs the longer the wait
> becomes and URL's are processed very slowly and after a long time.
>
> How to stop this frong happening and changes to make in the harvest template?
>
> I am using NAS version 5.3.1. Does the same happen on versuon 5.4?
>
> With regards,
> Koit

Colin Rosenthal PhD
Senior IT Consultant