[Netarchivesuite-users] NAS 4.2 Quickstart Guide fails - Could not start class, dk.netarkivet.harvester.harvesting.distribute.HarvestControllerServer

Nicholas Clarke nicl at kb.dk
Thu Mar 27 17:22:34 CET 2014

Hello

The problem seems to be located in the following 2 configuration files.
- settings_HarvestControllerApplication_low.xml
- settings_HarvestControllerApplication_high.xml

Each of them is missing a one of the following lines.
- <queuePriority>LOWPRIORITY</queuePriority>
Or
- <queuePriority>HIGHPRIORITY</queuePriority>

They must be placed near the bottom before or after the following (1 of these lines is present a file based on the overall priority).
- <channel>LOWPRIORITY</channel>
- <channel>HIGHPRIORITY</channel>

These changes allow my QUICKSTART to harvest (and start without any exceptions).

Hope this helps.

Best
Nicholas