[Netarchivesuite-users] NAS 4.2 Quickstart Guide fails - Could not start class, dk.netarkivet.harvester.harvesting.distribute.HarvestControllerServer

ImageNoise imagenoise at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 14:47:58 CET 2014

hello there,

i'm using httrack for archiving quite a while now. unfortunately it
isn't working with all the ajax stuff facebook and twitter are using,
neither is "Offline Explorer". So I was quite happy to find the
NetarchiveSuite having wayback machine integrated etc. Unfortunately I
ran in some problems using the quickstart installation setup (for NAS
4.2) and since 'google' doesn't help I have to ask here.

system is:
ubuntu 14.04 (running in virtualbox)
java version "1.6.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.45-b01, mixed mode)
openmq 4.5

having reached the end of the installation page without any errors I
cannot connect to http://localhost:8074/. If I run
QUICKSTART/conf/killall.sh & QUICKSTART/conf/startall.sh as user "test"
I don't get any error messages. Looking at the log files I find

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.mchange.v2.log.MLog).

Could not start class
dk.netarkivet.harvester.harvesting.distribute.HarvestControllerServer

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class
dk.netarkivet.harvester.datamodel.JobPriority.

Error occurred on connection creation [localhost:7676]. - cause:

some full logs I posted at pastebin (if you need more/others please let
me know):

start_bitarchiveapplication.log  http://pastebin.com/3EQSM8st
start_guiapplication.log  http://pastebin.com/U7JpKfSG
stat-harvestjobmanagerapplication.log http://pastebin.com/u8W94dYN
start_HarvestControllerApplication_high.log http://pastebin.com/exMxSuyE

I have no idea about java, so I'd really appreciate some help.

thanks!

peter