[Netarchivesuite-users] Pause and inactivity of crawls

Nicchiarelli Eleonora eleonora.nicchiarelli at onb.ac.at
Wed Feb 3 17:46:41 CET 2010

Dear all,

a question about job pausing in NAS 3.10.

Is a job that has been paused through the Heritrix interface susceptible of being killed (that is, put to failed status) after the pause time has exceeded the timeout?

Our experience suggests that this is not the case, that is, that timeouts are disregarded for paused jobs (as it is reasonable to think that paused jobs are not "really" inactive). But we would like to know the "official" answer.

Many thanks in advance,

Eleonora

Eleonora Nicchiarelli Bettelli
Digital Preservation