[Netarchivesuite-users] JMS-Queues

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen kfc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Sep 29 09:18:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 13:23 +0200, aponb at gmx.at wrote:
> Yes there is only one consumer on the COMMON_MONITOR queue and the load
> on this machine is normal.
> I try to find the setting to configure how often an application can
> request to be monitored.
> When listing all queues, I realized that the ANY_LOWPRIORITY_HACO queue
> is growing (currently around 180 messages) and there is no active
> consumer on it. All other queues have extactly one consumer. Is this normal?

That sounds perfectly normal.

The ANY_LOWPRIORITY_HACO is used for queuing jobs until a harvester is
available to take them, the harvesters re-register themselves as
consumers when they are done with a job.

Unfortunately, it is not a setting that controls how often an
application registers for monitoring, it is hardcoded in
JMSMonitorRegistryClient. You could submit a feature request to make it
into a setting, so we don't forget.

Best,
  Kåre