[Netarchivesuite-users] Some questions

Colin Rosenthal csr at statsbiblioteket.dk
Wed Nov 25 08:24:48 CET 2009

aponb at gmx.at wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some questions and curious to hear, what you are thinking about it:
>
> - After finishing the first Stage (border 10 MB) of the domain crawl, I
> have 3 Jobs which have the stopreason  "Harvesting aborted" instead of
> "Domain completed" for all domains under 10MB of Bytes.
> In the medadata.arc file for these jobs there is the message "CRAWL -
> Finished", which shouldn't produce the stopreason Harvesting aborted. Do
> you have any idea why this did happen?

To be precise it is the string "CRAWL ENDED" in progress-statistics.log
that determines that a job has ended in a normal fashion. Jobs with
stop reason Harvesting Aborted are not included in further
harvests based on the aborted harvest AFTER NAS VERSION 3.10.
(This was a feature request
https://gforge.statsbiblioteket.dk/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=7&aid=1773&atid=108

although really it should have been classified as a bug-fix.)

best regards,
--
Colin Rosenthal
IT Developer