[Netarchivesuite-users] Jobs resubmitteb when restating GUIApplication: bug?

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen kfc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Mon May 25 15:00:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 13:48 +0200, nicolas.giraud at bnf.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks you for this answer. I didn't know that (or maybe did not
> remember the manual). Now, do I have a clean way of deleting some
> jobs, the ones I know have been duplicated ?

I'm sorry, but I don't think you do. Deleting things is not really
anything that's supported. At best, you can avoid crawling all the jobs
an extra time by restarting the system (again) and this time clear the
JMS queues before you restart.

You may be able to delete the jobs from the database directly, but I'm
unsure what exactly will be the result of that.

The inability to delete stuff is due to a requirement about being able
to document how any data we have was originally harvested. However, this
requirement is only inconsistently fulfilled, since we don't actually
have any history on changes made in the database right now.

We have a few feature requests open on being able to delete at least
unused stuff. It would be good to discuss the right way to handle this
in general, and make a sensible solution that at least allows you to
hide unwanted data, if not delete, and that actually fulfils
requirements about documentation.

Best,
  Kåre