[Netarchivesuite-users] Jobs resubmitteb when restating GUIApplication: bug?

nicolas.giraud at bnf.fr nicolas.giraud at bnf.fr
Mon May 25 12:44:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have observed twice the following behavior:

1) I have a number of jobs in the "submitted" status, and two jobs in the
"started" status (for insta,nce job IDs 1 and 2 are "started", ids 3 to 10
are "submitted")
2) I stop and then start again the GUIApplication on the admin machine

The following results are then observed:

1) All the jobs that were in the "started" and submitted are now
"resubmitted" and resubmission jobs are in the the "sibmitted" status
(e.g. jobs 11-21 have been created, job 1 being resubmitted as job 11, and
so on)
2) The initial jobs (1 to 10) are running on the crawlers, but the harvest
status page shows now "started" job

This happens consistently when restarting the GUIApplication, needlessly
multiplicating the jobs. This behavior seems incorrect to me, can you
please confirm that this is a bug?

Best regards,
Nicolas

Consider the environment before printing this mail.