[Netarchivesuite-users] Limits

aponb at gmx.at aponb at gmx.at
Wed Mar 18 17:33:34 CET 2009

Hi!

As I am doing some Test Snapshot harvests with around 1000 domains now,
I have some questions about the behaviour of the Netarchive System, when
in future 100tousands domains will be in use.

- What is the maximum numbers of domains per jobs and what are the
criteria for splitting up jobs within a snapshot harvest (especially if
you start an harvest based on a previous one)

- The maximium size of an arc-File is defined in the order.xml, which is
not used for the metadata.arc-File.  What's the maximum size of that
file? Are there any limits or will that file also splitted at some stage?

- What is the maximum numbers of filedirs in a bitarchive, which I can
configure in the settings.xml? Are there any restrictions?

Thanks in advance for your time!
Regards
a.