[Netarchivesuite-users] Codefreeze and releasetest of 3.4.1 bugfix release

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen kfc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jan 15 10:23:28 CET 2008

Hi all.

We have bumped into a performance issue with our usage of the Lucene
indexer.

We use Lucene for two things:
 - Deduplication, using the deduplication module by Kristinn Sigurðsson
 - Arc record lookup in the viewerproxy

It turns out the it uses a lot more memory than is actually needed, and
an optimization is implemented in both places.

This should fix the open bugs 1078 and 1079.

We will run a releasetest on this, and release the bugfixed versions as
soon as the test is finished.

Best,
  Kåre

--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen - NetarchiveSuite developer
THE STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY,