[Netarchivesuite-users] Documentation splitup

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen kfc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Oct 30 14:02:58 CET 2007

Hello everyone.

We are trying to make this list a bit more active by moving some of our
internal communication into the public. Hopefully this will give the
subscribers of the list useful information, as well as advertise the
presense of the developers on the list. Also we would very much like
feedback on what we do with the software from the community as early as
possible. Of course this list is still also for any questions,
suggestions and comments there may be from the community.

As some will have noticed, we are continually working on two branches of
the NetarchiveSuite software: The stable, well tested branch, that has
gone through our testing procedures and is used in production at our own
institution (currently 3.2.3) and the development branch where we are
trying out new ideas, and from which eventually a new stable release
will be made (currently 3.3.1).

I have just made a split on the wiki, where we have the same distinction
in documentation. The documentation for the stable release will be kept
as is, but documentation for the development branch is now also
available. Note that the documentation in development may not always
follow progress as quickly as the code is updated, so if you use the
development versions, it is a good idea to check the release notes, and
ask on this mailing list of some things don't work.

For those interested in the procedures around the documentation splitup,
there is a wikipage on http://netarchive.dk/suite/Development that
describes the maintenance of the two versions.

We are planning to make a lot more of our project process and plans
available on the wiki soon. We hope the information will be useful for
people using or evaluating the software.

Best,
  Kåre
--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen - IT-developer
THE STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY,