[Netarchivesuite-devel] Deduplication problems solved

aponb at gmx.at aponb at gmx.at
Tue Mar 24 15:09:45 CET 2015

Hi all!

Just a short update of our deduplication problem.

After it didn't work at all with jdk1.7_65 we moved to 1.7_45 and some
tests were showing that deduplication was working. So we switched to
that version.
After some days, we realized that deduplication works, but not often. In
our daily crawls we had always a percentage of deduplication which was
under 10%, which is way to low. We are used to have between 60 and 90%.
So we were testing again could also realize in our tests that
deduplication is working sometimes and sometimes not. All that is
happing without any error message at all!

So finally we gave up our adventure of upgrading to jdk1.7 and we were
moving back to jdk1.6_22 which seems to work fine ...

Regards
a.