[Netarchivesuite-devel] NetarchiveSuite 5.0 RC1 ready for testing

Mikis Seth Sørensen mss at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Jun 9 14:10:37 CEST 2015

Hi All

A full functional release candidate for NetarchiveSuite 5.0 is now ready. The NetarchiveSuite 5.0-RC1 has been somewhat tested and no major (known) bugs remain.

The major changes are:

  *   Heritrix 3: This is the production release for NetarchiveSuite based on the "new" Heritrix3 crawler.
  *   Java 8: NetarchiveSuite now requires java 8 to run.

See the NetarchiveSuite 5.0 Release Notes<https://sbforge.org/display/NAS/NetarchiveSuite+5.0+Release+Notes> for details, download and upgrade instructions.

Your are all very welcome to try out the RC1 and give us in the development team feedback on any broken functionality. Note that the major migration task will be to migrate the H1 templates to H3 templates. Feel free to updated or give feedback regarding documentation improvements.

Note that we haven't quite figured out how to build a NAS 5.0 system which can use the good, old Heritrix1 for harvesting, but we are looking into the problem, see 'NAS-2336<https://sbforge.org/jira/browse/NAS-2336> Make Netarchivesuite able to run with both H1 and H3'.

Have fun
The development team