[Netarchivesuite-devel] Deployer does not handle encoding properly

Nicolas Giraud nikokode at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:50:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

This is Nicolas from BnF. As part ouf or internal workflow, we are
delegating the integration and delivery of software to a dedicated team.
They have a Hudson server that handles CI and various automated deployment.

I've been working with a colleague from the integration team to set up a
NAS environment, through a bash script that uses the deployer program.
However is so happens that the default file encoding is different on the
build server and on the target machine(s), which causes trouble.

I've filed an issue (https://sbforge.org/jira/browse/NAS-2219), what do you
think of it? Is this a known bug? Is it worth putting the fix in 4.2? I
believe it would roughly take me half a day of work to fix it.

On the other hand I can modifiy the Hudson build so that the deployer runs
on the target machine (there's only one right now).

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Giraud
Développeur Archives du Web - Bibliothèque Nationale de France