[Netarchivesuite-devel] Tip for relating commits to JIRA issues

Mikis Seth Sørensen mss at statsbiblioteket.dk
Thu Mar 31 11:33:48 CEST 2011

Hi

Because we are now using JIRA for our issue management, we can starting relating svn changesets to specific JIRA issue by including the key of the JIRA issue in the commit message. This means that an issue will list all related change sets (that is commits with the issue key included in the commit message) under the 'Source' tab at the bottom of the issue page.

This will also enable us to create Crucible reviews directly from the 'Source' list under the issue. Reviews created this way will the appear under the 'Reviews' tab. Note that we should use this feature before the switch to SBForge Crucible has been completed (in a week or two).

See <https://sbforge.org/jira/browse/BITMAG-41?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin%3Afisheye-issuepanel#issue-tabs> h<https://sbforge.org/jira/browse/BITMAG-41?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin%3Afisheye-issuepanel#issue-tabs>ere<https://sbforge.org/jira/browse/BITMAG-41?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin%3Afisheye-issuepanel#issue-tabs> for an example of a issue with a rich source and review context.

See the SBForge JIRA<https://sbforge.org/display/APP/JIRA> documentation for further documentation on using JIRA's issue model from different tools.

Have fun
Mikis