[Netarchivesuite-devel] About the DBConnect class, running out of connections

Nicolas Giraud nikokode at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:14:08 CET 2011

The problem occurs whether the DB server is on the same machine or a remote
host.

I am considering to set up a real connection pool. As we have different
target systems, I'd go for c3p0 or dbcp. Do you guys have some experience
with these APIs, would you recommend one? C3p0 seems really simple to put in
place.

Best,

Nicolas

2011/3/25 Søren Vejrup Carlsen <svc at kb.dk>

>  Hi Nicolas.
>
> You could be right about NAS never closing the database connections. But
> the connections to the database timeout automatically,
>
> don’t they?
>

> We’ve had similar problems with derby in our production environment running
> 3.14.1.
>

> But we didn’t see in our test-environment.
>
> Are you running the database on the same server as the processes running?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Søren

Nicolas Giraud
Développeur Archives du Web - Bibliothèque Nationale de France
Web Archiving Developper - National Library of France