[Netarchivesuite-devel] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError running a quickstart

Mikis Seth Sørensen mss at statsbiblioteket.dk
Wed Mar 16 09:18:23 CET 2011

Hi Soren

Here are my first comments:

The log here should be improved
Exception logging should contain a stacktrace so it is possible to see
where the exception originated. The code line here is:
log.error("Task threw exception: " + e.getCause());

it should be:
log.error("Task threw exception: ", e);

we should include this in the current active review of the
PeriodicTaskExecutor code

The Hudson unit test build run alright, but on of the major comments I
have made (in the Crucible review) to the code Nicolas committed together
with the PeriodicTaskExecutor class is the lack of unit tests.
The Hudson system test run alright eg. the full system is deployed and the
system overview looks ok.

What is the environment, is this a standalone deploy on a windows machine?

Do you have a full log you could attach?

~Mikis