[Netarchivesuite-devel] HeritrixLauncherTester.testStartJob()

Colin Rosenthal csr at statsbiblioteket.dk
Thu Jul 2 09:38:12 CEST 2009

The test  HeritrixLauncherTester.testStartJob() fails with the error

SEVERE: JMX error while cleaning up Heritrix controller
dk.netarkivet.common.exceptions.IOFailure: Failed to connect to URL
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:8091/jmxrmi after 17 attempts
    at
dk.netarkivet.common.utils.JMXUtils.getJMXConnector(JMXUtils.java:383)
    at
dk.netarkivet.harvester.harvesting.JMXHeritrixController.getHeritrixJMXConnector(JMXHeritrixController.java:949)
    at
dk.netarkivet.harvester.harvesting.JMXHeritrixController.executeHeritrixCommand(JMXHeritrixController.java:873)

I need to fix this because I will be making changes to HeritrixLauncher
as part of the fix for bug 1188. (Specifically I will
be removing the explicit dependence of HeritrixLauncher on
JMXHeritrixController by creating a HeritrixControllerFactory.)

In fact this test looks very strange to me because it sets the file
heritrixController to a test class but then calls doCrawl()
which overwrites heritrixController with a JMXHeritrixController - (so
it's hardly really a unit test).

thoughts?

Colin