[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for March

auriane.quoix at bnf.fr auriane.quoix at bnf.fr
Mon Mar 8 17:20:51 CET 2021

Dear all,

This month, one year after the beginning of the Covid-19 epidemic, the BnF
organizes an event, around the Web Archives, in order to increase the
visibility of the content harvested on this subject. A virtual guided
tour, made up of about fifteen themes, will be published on March 17, on
our Internet Archives. This date represents the anniversary of the first
lockdown in France. A slide show will come with this tour and be published
on the BnF website.

This week, we are also launching our first in-house harvesting workshop of
the year 2021. The purpose is to carry out improvements to the harvest of
websites with flash animations. We aim to study a way to automate the
harvest of these websites, as much as possible.

Lastly, within the framework of the development of an offer of services
for researchers, the BnF Data Lab, we are going to launch, this week, a
selective crawl as part of the BodyCapital research program. Its object of
study is the audiovisual representations of the body in the twentieth
century, up to the birth of YouTube in 2005. So the common project that
has been defined is to archive, preserve and document these audiovisual
representations of the body on the internet.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

En raison des directives gouvernementales liées à la situation sanitaire, les expositions restent fermées jusqu'à nouvelle consigne. Les manifestations culturelles ne peuvent pas accueillir de public mais sont en grande partie  diffusées en ligne . La bibliothèque tous publics est ouverte du mardi au vendredi de 10 h à 17 h.
Les bibliothèques de recherche sont ouvertes, sur le site François-Mitterrand, le lundi de 14 h à 17 h et du mardi au vendredi de 10 h à 17 h, et, sur les sites Richelieu, Arsenal et Opéra, de 10 h à 17 h du lundi au vendredi.  Consulter les modalités d'accès Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.