[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for November

geraldine.camile at bnf.fr geraldine.camile at bnf.fr
Fri Nov 15 18:18:53 CET 2019

Hello all,

We released the latest version of Bcweb. It includes a complete revision
of the code with the new graphical user interface, the last administration
functionalities and the data webservices.

Since the 7th of October, date of the installation of the last version of
NAS 5,6, we are no longer able to crawl some news websites with
authentication, because Heritrix doesn't send the cookies anymore in the
HTTP requests. It works if we used the previous version of Heritrix but
the information about the version of NAS-Heritrix in the warc medata is
still wrong. This problem must have consequences on all our focused and
broad crawls but we don't know exactly which ones yet.

On September the 1st, we welcomed a resarcher, Alexander Laporte, who will
work on the collection of the First world war. We are waiting to know his
needs precisely. In this context, we are considering a full-text
operation.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team
Exposition  Tolkien, voyage en Terre du Milieu  - du 22 octobre 2019 au 16 février 2020 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.