[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for June

geraldine.camile at bnf.fr geraldine.camile at bnf.fr
Tue Jun 4 10:54:38 CEST 2019

Hello all,

At the beginning of May we had a meeting to prepare the program of the
2019 broad crawl. We have contacted the registrars which answered
positvely in 2018. We will try this year to clean up even more the seed
list because we noticed that a lot of registered domains are in fact
parking websites or just domain name bookings. We are also going to
develop all the subjects raised during the NAS workshop. The launch of the
broad crawl is scheduled for October.

On April 10th, the daily newspaper "Le Monde" announced that it will close
its blog platform "les blogs abonnés du Monde.fr" at the very beginning of
June.  We contacted their product owner and harvested 6 250 blogs. To
avoid any performance issue on the platform due to Heritrix crawling, we
chose to use a maximum of 3 threads in a single job.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team
Expositions  Manuscrits de l’extrême  – jusqu'au 7 juillet 2019 | François-Mitterrand
et  Le Monde en sphères  – jusqu'au 21 juillet 2019 | François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.