[Netarchivesuite-curator] RV: BNE NAS Update

Pérez Morillo, Mar mar.perez at bne.es
Tue Feb 5 12:17:28 CET 2019

Dear all,

                This is the February update from the National Library of Spain:

·         Thematic collections managed by university web curators:

o   In the framework of the agreement with University Libraries Network in Spain for the cooperation on web archiving, we have been building the basis of the collections on different topics for the university curators.

o   As the universities in Spain don't share the same national network as the national and regional libraries, we have been analyzing with our IT team the easiest and safest connection for them to participate in the project. So, a remote access by VPN will be implemented for this purpose.

·         Collaborative collections with regional libraries:

o   A new collection has been launched for the local and regional elections that will take place in Spain next May. Via BCWeb, all the regional web curators that manage their own collections are invited to participate in this collaborative event collection.

o   The event collection on the Regional Elections in Andalusia, that was managed directly by the web curators of that region is about to be closed, as a new government was formed at the regional parliament. This collection included 442 seeds and collected almost 5 Tb of information.

·         Other collections:

o   By the end of December we launched an event collection on European elections that will also take place next May.

o   National Politics and Catalonian Politics are almost stable collections:

§  National Politics:

·         1.162 seeds

·         9 Tb

§  Catalonian Politics:

·         2.048 seeds

·         9 Tb

·         Web-curators collaborative work and training:

o   BNE web curators: we are trying to build a stable working group and schedule regular meetings to monitorize and standardize procedures with all the web curators at the Library

o   Regional libraries web curators: we are trying to schedule regular online meetings for the same purpose

·         Our main activity is now focused on the organization of the NAS Workshop in Madrid.

Talk to you in a while.

Mar Pérez Morillo
Directora de la División de Procesos y Servicios Digitales
Head of Division of Digital Processes and Services
Tel.: 91 516 89 48
Biblioteca Nacional de España
National Library of Spain

Este mensaje y cualquier fichero adjunto están dirigidos únicamente a sus destinatarios y contiene información confidencial. Si usted ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, le informamos que no puede realizar ninguna revisión, alteración, impresión, copia, transmisión, difusión ni utilización alguna de este mensaje ni de cualquier fichero adjunto que pudiese contener. La realización de cualquiera de los actos indicados está expresamente prohibida por las Normas que regulan estas materias. Por todo ello se solicita que, en caso de existir error en la recepción de este mensaje, se lo notifique al remitente respondiendo a este e-mail y elimine el mensaje y su contenido inmediatamente. La Biblioteca Nacional de España se reserva las acciones legales que le correspondan en el caso de que se infrinja lo indicado anteriormente.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and it is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are notified that any revision, amendment, print, copy, disclosure, distribution or use of the contents is unauthorized. Carrying out any of the above actions, is expressly banned by rules governing this matter. Hence we request that if you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender answering this e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. The National Library of Spain reserves itself the right to take the appropriate legal actions in the event of the above mentioned matter is being infringed.