[Netarchivesuite-curator] Update for June from KB DK

Pérez Morillo, Mar mar.perez at bne.es
Tue Jun 12 16:01:27 CEST 2018

Dear all,

            Here is the update from the BNE.

            “Our 2018 broad crawl finished a couple of weeks ago. Comparing with the one launched in 2016, that lasted 3 months, this one has been considerable shorter: only 42 days.
            The number of .es domains is more than 1.900.000. The limit per domain was 150 MB. And around 50 TB were archived.

            The event crawl on the Catalan elections has been closed. It lasted around 7 months and contains 1.800 seeds.

            We’ve been very busy with the National Politics collection, due to the many changes have been taking place in relation to the Government change.

            We have plans to upgrade to NAS version 5.4 soon.

            We have also been designing a web archive interface for the users, that includes search for subject, collection and titles along with the default url search. The design is more or less ready and now we are in the development phase.

            A couple of months ago we heard about the closing of Wikispaces by the end of July. Wikispaces is a free hosting service, that hosts mainly academic and learning content. As there is no way to discriminate by language or country, it was necessary to count with some help from outside our team. We launched a social media campaign (a press release on the Library website and a call on Twitter) calling for nominations from the academic and research community along from individuals who know some Spanish wikispaces. We received many nominations. We consider this collection “at-risk” and we already have crawled more than 300 Spanish wikispaces.”

            Best,

Mar Pérez Morillo
Jefe del Área de Gestión del Depósito de las Publicaciones en Línea
División de Procesos y Servicios Digitales
Tfno.: 91 516 89 92
Biblioteca Nacional de España