[Netarchivesuite-curator] Netarchive NAS update for July

Sabine Schostag sas at kb.dk
Tue Jul 17 10:03:37 CEST 2018

Dear all.

Hereby an update from KB DK:

·         We upgraded from old Wayback to OpenWayback. Still many images “are lost” and https is only partly supported (maybe the problem is different use of dns-secure/dirty setup in Copenhagen /Aarhus). The https based Social Media are still invisible.
The loss of images surely is a browser problem. We use IE - that is an old technology. When using the Edge browser all images get visible. Integrating Edge in our Wayback setup needs an update of our Citrix platform.

·         We started testing SOLRWayback in our production environment – the results look good. Our https based Twitter- and Facebook crawls are visible.
The great challenge is the proxy browser setup. A Firefox based setup will not be supported on the Citrix platform by a National IT service. The IT service will take charge of the support of almost all our IT platforms, devices, software, … (a political decision of centralizing all IT support for national institutions)

·         Our second broad crawl for 2018 is half way done with step 2 (with a limit of 14 GB/domain). We have problems with jobs hanging with long breaks – and they need “manual help”

·         We set a new version of H3 (supporting "scrset" repsonsive design tags) in our production environment. Images using these responsive design tags have not been harvested from 2014 to june 2018. We still miss support for data-srcset tags.

·         We upgraded our Blacklight search front end to the newest version with support for new SOLR index, but there are still problems with the graphic design.

On behalf of the Netarchive curators

Best,
Sabine

PS. Peter, we would like to see the documetation of your study, too.