[Netarchivesuite-curator] Update from KB DK

Sabine Schostag sas at kb.dk
Tue Jan 9 09:31:38 CET 2018

Dear all!

Happy New Year! Just a short update from Netarchive.

The steering committee resigned due to the ongoing reorganization of the Royal Danish Library. As one institution employs the whole team by now, the Library will rethink the organization/steering of Netarchive.

Webdanica is gone into production. According to our legal deposit, we have to collect “Danica”, that is to say content produced by Danes, in Danish or for a Danish audience. Webdanica is an automation of identifying Danica outside .dk. Outlinks from .dk domains are collected and filtered according to speciffic criteria to identify Danica. The occurrence of Danish geografical and personal names for example, arecriteria for being Danica. The Danica seeds areinserted in NAS seedlists and harvested by Heritrix.

The event crawl on the local and regional elections ended on December 15.

On behalf of the Netarchive Team

Best,
Sabine