[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for November

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Wed Nov 9 12:49:22 CET 2016

Hello all,

Our broad crawl was successfully launched on the 10th October. We expect
to harvest up to 80 TB of data.

In November we are also starting the first crawls related to the 2017
French presidential elections, as the primaries for both the centre/right
and the ecologist candidates are being held. We will have two crawls, one
for the results of the ecologist primary and the build-up to the
centre/right primary, and another at the end of the month for the results
of the centre/right.

We have redesigned the interface of our access application "BnF Archives
de l'internet", with a selection of captures on the home page, chosen by
our network of librarians. We will be giving access to a prototype full
text search of our 1996-2000 collection using Shine in November.

Finally, we are holding an event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the
law that gave us our legal mandate and the 20th anniversary of the very
first web archives. More information on the event (in French) is here:
http://www.bnf.fr/fr/professionnels/anx_journees_pro_2016/a.jp_161122_23_archivage_web.html

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

Participez à la rénovation de Richelieu Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.