[Netarchivesuite-curator] BnF NAS update for June

peter.stirling at bnf.fr peter.stirling at bnf.fr
Wed Jun 15 15:31:27 CEST 2016

Hello all,

This month we're opening an experimental access interface, Archives de
l'internet Labs. This interface provides full-text searching of two
selected parts of our collections: the extraction from Internet Archive
for 1996-2000 (approx. 2.5 TB) and the crawls on the 2015 terrorist
attacks in Paris (approx. 35 GB). It offers the possibility to export
results and save searches and selections in a personal workspace and also
provides access to statistics and metadata on the collections.

This interface builds on the work we have done over the past year or so on
data mining and full text indexing. It is part of a four-year project at
the BnF studying the creation of a service to provide researchers with
corpora from the digital collections of the BnF, the web archives having
been chosen as the case study for the first year of the project. For the
moment this interface will only be available to researchers working on two
specific projects who have signed a convention with the BnF, but as part
of the overall project we will be looking at how this kind of service can
be offered to more researchers.

Best regards,
The BnF digital legal deposit team

Expositions :
La franc-maçonnerie  - jusqu'au 24 juillet 2016 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.