[Netarchivesuite-curator] KB/SB NAS update for January

Sabine Schostag sas at statsbiblioteket.dk
Tue Feb 2 14:33:57 CET 2016

Dear all,

Hereby the January update from Netarkivet:

·         Our full text index passed 10.000.000.000 objects. We estimate to be up to date within 125 days with the existing hardware-setup.

·         Our monthly updates can be read on Netarkivet’s home page: http://netarkivet.dk/in-english/news-from-the-archive/

·         We made an effort to spread informations on the access to Netarkivet (wayback and cultural heritage cluster) with a presentation for journalist researchers.

·         We stopped our event harvest on the Danish opt out referendum.

·         The refugee event harvest is still ongoing. Recently we focused again on foreign media reactions on the development of the crisis in Denmark, mainly in English, German, French and the Scandinavian languages. This is not a willful choice, but a choice due to our language competences. So, if you find articles in any other languages, please send us a link ☺

·         We are preparing our annual statistic to match the ISO standard.

·         We are analyzing our collection strategy and will probably adjust the strategy due to coming new harvest methods (Heritrix3), the budget situation and better options for giving broader access to the archive.

·         We have started our first broad crawl for 2016; we expect it to be finished by the beginning of March.

·         Web colleagues at SB are experimenting with ”exact digital match”  within image search: when uploading an image you will find all matches in the archive.

On behalf of the KB/SB curator team

Best,
Sabine

Sabine Schostag
Web curator
THE NETARCHIVE
[cid:image001.png at 01CFE4A6.C9C92360]STATE AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
Victor Albecks Vej 1
8000 AARHUS C
DENMARK
VAT NO. 1010 0682